NORTH QUEENSFERRY PROJECT
Old Brae North Queensferry, aka “Old School House”, was erected as the new school house for the children of North Queensferry as the former school at Melinkie Cottage in use since 1769, was too small. Paid for by public subscription,it combined school and schoolhouse. When first built, this school was the last building in the village on the Ferryhills Road.
In used until 1875 when the children were moved to a new building which it had been used as the school master’s residence. The school was demolished in 1876 and the west gable was reconstructed as a plain elevation.
*Images courtesy of canmore.org.uk
Working alongside Historic Environment Scotland, we have the opportunity to undertake work on designating sites and places of historical importance, advicing homeowners on how best to protect buildings of special architectural or historic interest.
When the job involves admiring those views, it’s a challenge to stay focus!