Edinburgh Zoo is owned by The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS). The Society was founded in March 1909, and the Zoo opened in July 1913.
We were called earlier at the end of spring to restore the gates and pillars of their goods entrance. Unfortunately, they had been damaged by the impact from a large lorry and numerous stones had moved and badly damaged the cast iron gates.
Heritage Masonry Scotland stripped and rebuilt the pillar, supplied carved new stone where the stone was unsalvagable with aid of a lorry mounted crane and rebuilt it with lime mortar. We employed the services of Forth Fabrications to refurb the gate, we removed, refurbed in our yard and refitted with a crane.
Never a dull day keeping “history alive”